Monday, June 1, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I wish I could take the credit for discovering the amazing food item featured in this post, the Buffalo Chicken Dip aka the Buff Chick Dip aka the B.C.D....but I can't. Our neighbor, Stefan, introduced me and my roommate to this wonderful food item. Let me tell you, if you like buffalo wings, you will LOVE this post....keep reading!
Although I have delighted in eating this wonderful, calorie-laden dip for over a year now, I have never undertaken the task of creating it myself. But finally, an opportunity presented itself! My friend Phil's birthday party was last weekend and, instead of making cupcakes, as everyone thought I would, I decided to switch things up and bring the life of the party: the B.C.D. After all, this isn't JUST a cupcake blog, you know (regardless of the fact that only cupcakes and desserts have adorned these pages so far).

At any rate, this dip is ridiculously easy to make, which puts it up there on a pedestal for me! And honestly, anything that incorporates chicken and a spicy/salty/sweet flavor will get my vote anyday!


OK, time to get to the good stuff! Here's the recipe:

The B.C.D.
slightly adapted from the Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip recipe
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked, then ground or chopped in a food processor
  • 1 bottle Frank's RedHot Original Pepper Sauce
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup Blue cheese dressing
  • 1 small package shredded cheddar cheese
1) Chop or grind cooked chicken breasts.

2) Blend sauce and cream cheese together.

3) Add chicken, Blue cheese, and cheddar cheese.

4) Top with additional cheddar cheese.

5) Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

6) Serve warm with nachos.

This happens to be the first recipe posted to this blog which I haven't screwed up in some fashion! That's how you know this is truly an easy dish, people...

Another great thing about this dip is that you can make it ahead of time and serve it later. Personally, I prefer the dip warm and served with nacho chips. But since there's nothing raw in it, you could also stop at Step #4 and just serve it as is.

I happen to have a love affair with melted cheese, so I lugged the pre-made dip over to the Lower East Side of Manhattan (let me tell you, carrying this dip will help you build some muscles!). Once at Phil's place, I baked the B.C.D. according to the recipe and served with the nachos that I had also brought with me (don't judge me, it's expensive to buy food in the city!). Each bite contained several pieces of chicken and the cheese was plentiful. I love a good, spicy hot sauce and this sauce did not disappoint. And of course you get that satisfying, salty crunch from the nacho. I'm drooling as I write this.


So if you ask my neighbors, forget the Snapple. The B.C.D. might be the best stuff on Earth. (Please don't sue me, Snapple!) Although sometimes I think they might be delusional, this time I think they're pretty close. Try this recipe yourself and you will not be disappointed!