Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Crockpot Pulled Chicken Cheesesteak



Why is the name of this dish so complicated?  Should it be Crockpot Pulled Chicken Cheesesteak?  Or should it be Crockpot Cheesesteak Pulled Chicken?  You have no idea how many times I switched these words around.  You probably don't care.

This is the kind of day it's been for me, folks.  It also happens to be only 8pm and all I wanna do is go to sleep.  Oof.

In other news: I'm heading to Nashville in 2 days!  Yes, you heard me.  I'm visiting the south in August.  What of it?  I've wanted to visit Nashville for some time now and when my friend said, out of the blue, that she also wanted to go, we got down to planning this thing.

Don't you worry, I'm going to take lots of pictures.  And since my birthday happens to be *ahem* tomorrow, we will have lots of celebratory pics from this trip. I'll make sure to weed out any inappropriate ones and only post the relevant pictures.  Just kidding!  Totally not kidding. Warning: I'm planning on eating my way through Nashville so that post will be a good time.

I kind of got off track.  Does it matter?  Probably not.  I'm still going to post the recipe for this delicious pulled chicken cheesesteak business, or whatever we happen to be calling it now.


Crockpot Pulled Chicken Cheesesteak
very slightly adapted from How Sweet It Is
makes ~6 servings

Print Recipe

  • 2 green peppers, sliced
  • 2 sweet onions, sliced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons pepper
  • 8 ounces of your favorite beer
  • 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese



1) Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika.

2) In the bottom of your crockpot, layer peppers and onions.


3) Add garlic evenly over top.

4) Place chicken on top and then pour in beer.


5) Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.


6) Shred the chicken using forks or kitchen tongs.  Toss the chicken thoroughly to coat. Keep mixing and tossing to combine the chicken, peppers and onions.  Most or all of the liquid should become absorbed.  If you still have a lot of liquid, remove the excess from the slow cooker.



7) Stir in the grated cheese, then turn your crockpot to the "warm" setting (or simply turn it off and keep it covered) and cover for 5 minutes. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment