Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Crockpot Sausage and Peppers


Hi friends! Before anyone says anything, yes, I know this is Thanksgiving week, but no...

No, I do not have a turkey dish for you.

No, I do not have Thanksgiving sides for you.

No, I do not have anything related to pumpkin for you.

But what I do happen to have is some sausage and peppers.  Eat it.  It's good for you.

I mean....I don't even know what to tell you about this.  I've been developing a love of sweet peppers over the past few months. Working in Philadelphia all the time is wearing me down! I've always loved sausage, so when I saw this recipe, I was all over it. Wait, I get to use my crockpot too? I'm done.

So um, by the way, I popped some avocado on top of this because I maybe forgot to throw in the cheese.  WHAT?!?!? Maybe Philly hasn't gotten their hooks in me just yet.  I threw this sausage and pepper mix on top of some egg noodles, but I wouldn't be mad if you chose to toast some buns and get your sandwich on.

 
Crockpot Sausage and Peppers


  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 lb bulk ground sweet sausage
  • 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 2 15-ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
  • 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 1 red pepper, sliced
  • 1 green pepper, sliced
  • sliced provolone or mozzarella
  • rolls or noodles for serving, optional

1) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

2) Brown the sausage and ground beef, breaking into bite sized portions as it cooks.  Transfer to a large slow cooker.


3) Stir in the roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, and peppers into the slow cooker with the sausage mixture. Cook on low for 5-7 hours.



 4) Serve with cheese, over noodles or on a roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment