Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Livin' the Life 9/18/2012

I haven't done one of these lifestyle posts in a while.  I swear I've been doing fun and interesting things.  Promise!

This past weekend, I drove up to Boston to perform in a dance show.  What up beantown?

The view from my hotel room.  MIT's buildings, all up in my grill.

My Friday night post dinner drink and snack.  Yeah, that's how I was living.
Disclaimer: I also couldn't go crazy because I was saving my energy for the performance
on Saturday night.


I woke up at 7am to this.  I went back to sleep.

 9am.  Much better.

Took a stroll down Newbury Street to meet a friend for brunch.

 Italian food

We both ordered the frittata with cheese, bacon, and tomatoes.  The toast looked excellent, but 
I didn't eat the carbs so close to the show :( Gotta look right!

We went walking around downtown afterward.

 Library.  I love old architecture.

The Prudential Center celebrated Boston Fashion Week by displaying dresses designed by fashion students.  The dresses were made out of unorthodox materials.  I was sort of obsessed.

Warning...more dresses to come...

Dress made out of Aquafina water bottle labels

Dress made out of matches

Paperclips

Guitar picks (so creative!)

Birch tree bark

OK, I swear I'm done with the dresses...well, one last pic...


This was the scene on the 2nd floor of the Sheraton.  There was a ballroom competition going on.  These dresses were colorful and sparkly and if I had a few extra thousand dollars laying around I would have gotten one.

Post-show waffle fries and espresso martini at the lounge across the street.  There 
happened to be karaoke. Suspect.

I woke up at 5:45am on Sunday to drive back to Hoboken.  Morning, Boston!

Back in NYC by 10am.  Sat next to this building on the West Side Highway at a red light.
I don't actually like the building, but I thought it made for great lines in a photo.

In Hoboken at my favorite bar.  Watched the Steelers beat the Jets.

AND won these vintage bobblehead figures in a raffle.  Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment