It's Secret Recipe Club time again and this month I was paired up with the Wholesome RD blog. Hi, Erin! Um, this is awkward, but I'm totally renaming your Campfire Cookies. Let me tell you why.
Anytime I hear of a combination of chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallow, I immediately hone in on smore's. I mean, it's only natural. The entire time I was making these cookies, I kept referring to them as s'mores cookies. I couldn't help it! I finally stopped fighting it. They will be called S'mores Cookies. So sorry.
By the way, these are fluffy, delicious little things! I may have taste tested quite a few of them. It was necessary though. Since my big move, I haven't yet realized exactly what I'm missing from my cooking/baking stash. What I found out this weekend was that I lack a second baking sheet. You may not think that is a problem, but when a recipe makes 3 dozen cookies and you can only bake 8 - 10 per baking sheet....you have a long afternoon ahead of you. Alright, it wasn't that tragic, but you get my drift.
Back to the deliciousness. These cookies weren't as sweet as I thought they would be, which is probably a good thing given that I taste-tested 1-2 cookies per batch. (If you don't want to do that math, I made 4 batches of these cookies, sooo...) One thing that I would love to experiment with is doubling the amount of chocolate, graham crackers,and marshmallow mix-ins. I know I just said I loved the taste, but as one of my favorite YouTubers always says "Why be subtle?"
from Erin's Campfire Cookies
makes ~3 dozen cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
4) Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
5) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and scoop the dough into 2 inch balls and bake on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
6) Allow to cool slightly before taking off the baking sheet. Makes 3 dozen cookies. 1 cookie per serving.