Sunday, August 4, 2013

Blue Ribbon: A Review


If you're going to do something, you should do it well.  This is how I feel about a place called Blue Ribbon.  Two words: fried chicken.  I die.

Let me backtrack for a minute:

A few weeks ago my friend Katie and I were in need of a pre-concert dinner location.  After some consideration, we decided to check out the Blue Ribbon restaurant in the Soho area of Manhattan.  I had done some reconnaissance prior to the meal, so I found out that Blue Ribbon is well known for their fried chicken.  I like fried chicken but I am not a huge fan.  However, if you're known for a particular dish, I'll give it a shot.

And just like that, I was hooked.  How do they make fried chicken so perfectly every time?!  I may have gone back to Blue Ribbon restaurants 3 more times in the past few weeks, just to have their fried chicken again. I will never have it anywhere else.  Thanks for destroying every other restaurant's fried chicken dishes, Blue Ribbon.

Last week, my mom was in town and she wanted to eat out at a nice restaurant, so what did I propose? Blue Ribbon, of course.  My mom is also a fan of the Park Slope area in Brooklyn, where a Blue Ribbon restaurant just happens to exist.  I managed to get a few pictures of our dishes right before we devoured them.



Barbecue Ribs appetizer with spicy mustard sauce
 
 Lobster Main Course dish with corn on the cob and french fries

Fried Chicken! This is served with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus
(This is usually served with collard greens but we requested asparagus instead.)

You can't forget dessert! We shared an excellent Creme Brulee.

I've only visited the Soho and Brooklyn Blue Ribbon restaurants, but the excellent service and outstanding food that I've experienced at both locations were unmatched.  There are other locations around New York and they even have a bakery now!  There's also a location in Las Vegas, if you want to check that out.  I can't wait to have another meal there.  Maybe I'll even try something other than the fried chicken next time.  Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment