Monday, October 29, 2012

Bacon Avocado Omelette



I need to get back to my roots.  My roots include bacon.  And I can also never say no to avocado.

When it fell upon moi-self to whip up brunch this weekend, I set out to do two things:

1) Use up leftovers.  I have wayyyy too many leftover ingredients in this kitchen.  It's disgusting.  I need to eat more.
2) I'm back on my high-protein diet, so whatever I made needed to help out with that situation.

My roommate bought a crap ton of eggs so I snuck two of those to whip up an omelette.  Of course I have bacon in the freezer, Parmesan cheese in the fridge, and an avocado on the counter.  So we're going to add those into the mix as well.

Hello, fresh and healthy omelette. I like you.  I also threw in a side of mashed sweet potato.  Because I had some hanging around.  You know I can't quit that stuff.


Bacon Avocado Omelette
makes 1 omelette

Print Recipe
  • 2 eggs
  • splash of milk
  • salt & pepper, to taste
  • cooking spray
  • ~1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 slices bacon, cooked
  • 2 - 3 slices avocado


1) In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings.


2) Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and spray with a thin layer of cooking spray.

3) Add the egg mixture to the saucepan.  Swirl the pan so the mixture covers the bottom of the pan.

Tip: As the egg begins to set, begin to pull the cooked egg back from the edge of the pan and tilt the pan so any excess egg mixture runs into the open space.  Repeat!  This makes for a fluffier omelette!

4) After the bottom of the omelette has set, flip the egg over so the other side can begin to cook.

5) Place the cheese on the omelette.


6) Top the cheese with the bacon and the avocado, making sure these additions are on one side of the pan.


7) Gently flip the undressed side of the omelette so that the toppings are covered.

8) Remove the omelette from the pan and serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that looks so yummy. I've never tried avocado and eggs together, but I will now. Any excuse to eat more avocado! lol

    ReplyDelete