Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Black Swan: A Review


This post.  Uhhhh, yeah.  This. Post.

I had the best intentions.  I swear to you that I did.  I wanted to do another review post, complete with beautiful (albeit iPhone) pics.  I stepped into Black Swan and was swept away with the beautiful decor, the dark wood, and the homey atmosphere.  Though I've never actually been in an English pub, I would imagine that it looks something like this place.  I want to live here.  I took lots of pictures.

Get ready for the pretty pictures...

Go!






Now comes the "interesting" part.  This is usually the place where I show off the food....

Um.  I forgot to take pics of the food.  I got so distracted during the meal that I actually forgot!  I'm so ashamed.  You can take away my food blogger status now.  I didn't even realize what had happened until we got up to leave the restaurant.

I've decided that since I have no actual food to show you, I'd just give you a brief synopsis of what we ate.  Let this be a test of your imagination.  Silver lining stuff and all, right?

First of all, let's start off with some booze, of which I actually DID get a few pictures.

The list of draft and bottled beer is extensive here, and I'd also heard of very few of these beers.  Since there was something called Avery Ellie's Brown Ale, the beer I needed to get was practically already picked out for me.  It ended up being a slightly hoppy, dark brown ale.  It's a little heavier than a lager, and I enjoyed it.

My mom picked out the Estrella Damm, which was described to us as being very similar to a Corona.  She loved that one too.  We considered them both big wins, thanks to our server.

As for the food....my mom ordered the lobster salad sandwich with onion rings.  The onion rings were surrounded in a light, crispy batter and the lobster salad was cool and refreshing.  My sister ordered the Black Swan burger with sweet potato fries and I ordered the Grilled Portobello on a bun with sweet potato fries.  First of all, the sweet potato fries were banging.  Some of the best I've had in Brooklyn.  I also loved the Grilled Portabello, which was firm and juicy at the same time.  The goat cheese was an added bonus of this dish.  My sister really enjoyed the burger and her fries as well.  My nephew stole several of my fries, but I let him because he's cute.

By the way, did you know that they have two happy hours each day?  Word.  I'm coming back, Black Swan! And maybe I'll even remember to take pictures this time.
Say wha? It's happy hour? Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment