Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Honey Greek Yogurt with Pomegranates & Pistachios

 

Dessert for breakfast is where it's at.  I know this because I just experienced this fact this morning.  In fact, I may also experience this again tomorrow morning.  That's just how I roll.

I'm deeply involved in an illicit affair with yogurt, honey, and pomegranates.  Seriously.  I can't get enough of them.  I am writing this as I sit with a tub of pomegranate arils on my stomach.  I am force feeding them into my face with a spoon.  Things are getting real rough around here, people.  Real rough.  So I decided to roll all this fun stuff together.  Adding some pistachios ain't so bad either.  Oh yeah.  Make this happen.

I wish I could say I was clever enough to think of this all by myself, but I'm not.  I totally "borrowed" this recipe from Gina over at Skinny Desserts.  Let's be honest.  We could all use a low-calorie dessert/breakfast in these overindulgent times.  However, I still want something scrumptious.  And this is that.

Honey Greek Yogurt with Pomegranates & Pistachios
slightly adapted from Skinny Desserts by Gina
makes 2 servings

Print Recipe
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons pistachios, shelled
  • 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils

1) Place 1/2 cup Greek yogurt in each dessert bowl or small glass.

2) Drizzle 1 tablespoon honey over the yogurt.

3) Top with pomegranates and pistachios.

4) Serve chilled.


This is more of an assemblage than an actual recipe.  And I'm really glad for that, because it means it can get into my mouth super quickly.  The tart, chilled yogurt and honey, topped with sweet, salty and crunchy pomegranates and pistachios was a delicious combination which shall definitely be repeated over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment