Thursday, September 12, 2013

Boozy Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca


I debated for a while as to whether or not I should post this recipe.  You see, I had this grand plan of creating a watermelon mojito and knocking my own socks off with it.  I muddled that watermelon like nobody's business.  I ripped that mint apart with a vengeance.  I poured that rum like a boss.  And then came the part where I topped the whole thing off with ginger ale.

Hmmm...I may have forgotten to purchase ginger ale at the grocery store.

OK, time to MacGyver this thing up.  (If you don't know who MacGyver is, then I'm sorry.  Also, we cannot be friends.)  A girlfriend of mine loves to order vodka waters whenever we go out.  In my time of need, I rustled up a pitcher of water and poured it into my glass.

It was actually pretty good! I was shocked.  I really didn't expect it to be as tasty as it was.  This watermelon and mint is once again a winning combo for me.  Mixed together with sugar, water, rum, and lemon juice, this drink is definitely a quick boozy situation to savor in the last days of summer.


Boozy Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca
from Food Network Magazine

makes 1 drink

Print Recipe

  • 2 watermelon chunks
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • handful of mint leaves
  • 2 ounces white rum
  • water
  • ice


1) Muddle 2 watermelon chunks with the juice of 1 lime and 2 teaspoons sugar in each glass.

2) Stir in a handful of mint leaves, then add 2 ounces white rum and ice.
 

3) Top with water.  Garnish with more mint, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, this is why we are probably friends - we have a mutual love for MacGyver!

    ReplyDelete