You see, the holidays are upon us. Starbucks says that they are. Don't worry about that little Thanksgiving thing in between now and then. Focus.
We need to start trimming trees, decking the halls, and adding Bailey's to every darn drink we pour. But let's not limit ourselves. I want to eat it too. Is that strange? No. No, it is not. Don't look at me that way. This is how I make friends. I put booze in a bunch of desserts and go forth into the world. Ok, that's not completely true. It's close though.
Can we add brownies to that list of desserts? Yes. Yes, we can. Because we are adults and we do what we want!
from Six In The Suburbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Melt butter and baking squares in a microwave safe bowl.
3) In a mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
4) Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
5) Add in the eggs, beating one at a time.
6) Add the flour and fold in just until combined.
7) Pour in Bailey’s.
8) Transfer the batter to a greased standard brownie pan. (I used the suggested 9 x 13 baking dish and my brownies were too thin for my liking.)
9) Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just barely done.
As I mentioned above, my brownies came out a bit thin for my liking, which I think led to the crumbly-ness of the brownies. But never fear! The taste is still out of this world! I can smell the Bailey's and chocolate again, just thinking about this.
What are you waiting for? Make this now. Christmas/Hanukkah/Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Boxing Day are all coming. There is a reason to make more desserts. Go!