Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sriracha Hummus

 

I have been waiting for-e-vahhh to make this hummus!!  

Since I moved to a new apartment back in April, my old grocery store is not as easily accessible as it once was.  I've been craving hummus for a while and I kept searching in various stores for tahini, a key ingredient. After 6 months, I finally spotted some, so I immediately set to work on my next hummus variation.

On another note, did you hear about how the U.S. narrowly averted a sriracha shortage?  Seriously, the Huy Fong plant in California, which makes sriracha, almost shut down.  Things still aren't 100% sorted out, but until they are, you have no reason not to indulge in this spicy hummus.  It only takes (about) 2 tablespoons of your sriracha reserves, so you can make several batches before needing to repurchase more hot sauce.  See, I'm looking out for you.  Now go forth and enjoy!


Sriracha Hummus 
from Budget Bytes
serves 5

Print Recipe

  • 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon cumin
  • ~2 tablespoons sriracha

1) Drain the chickpeas.

2) Pour into a food processor with all other ingredients.
 

3) Process until smooth, adding more olive oil or water if needed.

4) Add more seasoning and/or sriracha as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment