I mean, it's pretty self explanatory, right? Well, the goal of this blog isn't solely to provide you with new recipes and recipe ideas. It's also to remind you of simple, tried-and-true recipes that you may not always think about. With all the fancy food being slung around the food blogger-sphere these days, sometimes you just need to take a step back.
Also, (and this is full-disclosure) it's summer. Let's be real. At times I'd rather be out with friends enjoying this great weather instead of inside cooking. This is just a fact of summertime life. I still love you. That is truth. I love you enough to give you this simple Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad to cool you down this July.
makes 2 servings
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball (ovoline), sliced
- 4 - 6 fresh basil leaves, torn or julienned
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
1) Arrange the tomatoes and mozzarella alternately in a circle on a plate.
2) Scatter the basil on top of the tomatoes and cheese.
3) Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad, to taste.
4) Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the salad, to taste.
Since I have this great knack for making a dish sometimes and forgetting to finish the recipe before snapping pictures, you may not see a lot of basil, salt or pepper above. Actually, you may not see any salt and pepper. But hey! Once you add those in to the mix, you have a fresh and tasty summer meal. Let's also be glad that this meal is a light one. This leaves lots of room for fresh and tasty summertime margaritas.