Friday, December 6, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Cups


Let's recreate some summer goodness.  I can't ever get enough of Mexican-inspired cuisine and this is no exception.  While the weather has been slightly warmer in the past few days, it has still been much cooler than my preferred 60-70 degrees F.  Let's warm ourselves up.

I actually made these cups as appetizers for my housewarming party earlier this year.  However, in all the brouhaha, I never got shots of the final items.  In fact, I remember it being mid-party and wondering why my apartment was so warm (this place is always freezing!) and realizing my oven was preheating for these little things...which were chilling out in the kitchen and definitely not in the oven.

I can't even take these...in a good way.  They're tiny, which means that they're automatically cuter than cute.  Also, I'm certain I'm ingesting fewer calories than if I were to eat a huge wonton filled with this enchilada mix.  Obviously.


Chicken Enchilada Cups
from Gimme Some Oven
makes 24 cups

Print Recipe
  • 24 wonton wrappers
  • 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
  • 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Optional additional ingredients: thinly sliced green onions, chopped green chiles, black beans, chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado)

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2) Press wonton wrappers into the cups of a mini muffin pan to form "cups".  Make sure the edges aren't folded in.
 

3) Bake for 7 minutes, then remove.
 

4) Combine the chicken and enchilada sauce in a medium-sized bowl.
 

5) Portion the chicken evenly into the baked wonton cups until they are full.
 

6) Sprinkle with a pinch of shredded cheese.
 

7) Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through.
 

8) Remove and garnish as you see fit.

**If using the optional ingredients, you can either stir them into the chicken and enchilada sauce mixture, or you can use them as additional garnishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment