Thursday, February 6, 2014

Avocado Salad with Bacon & Feta



Guys.  The day that I thought would never come, actually came last week.

I ate too much bacon.

Once you recover from the shock of that statement, let me tell you that it was my own fault.  I somehow thought that I could eat a package of super-thick bacon (yes, that's a thing now) and still feel good about myself an hour later.  Quite unfortunately, I have over-estimated my tolerance for that.

Thankfully, I had this salad the day before I ate too much bacon, so I can still give you an honest assessment of my thoughts on this.  And to be truthful, if there were no bacon on this salad, I would not have loved it as much.  There is no just nothing else that would complement the creamy avocado and tangy lemon dressing as well as a slice of crunchy bacon can.

The good news is that now I'm over my bacon overdose, so I'm back in action.  I will be having a few more of these easy and tasty salads in the near future and I will not be thinking twice about it.



Avocado Salad with Bacon & Feta
slightly adapted from Tyler Florence's Eat This Book 
serves 2

Print Recipe

  • 1 avocado
  • juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2-4 tablespoons feta cheese
  • 2 slices fried or baked bacon
  • kosher salt
  • freshly ground black pepper

1)  Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit.  You can keep the avocado halves intact or you can break the avocado up into chunks.  Place 1/2 the avocado into each plate or bowl.

2) Drizzle the avocado with the lemon juice and olive oil.

3) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

4) Scatter the feta cheese over the avocado.

5) Top each avocado salad with 1 slice of cooked bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment