Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Biscoff Cheeseball


I've been holding out on this recipe for almost a year.  Sorry about that.  

I first made this tasty appetizer for my housewarming party back in May 2013.  I was hoping to snap a few pictures of the final product before putting it out to be devoured, but of course time got the better of me and all of a sudden it was already half eaten.  I must say that I think this was the life of the party.  If you happen to love cookie butter and cream cheese, then this is probably a bandwagon that you will want to jump on.

This week, my client had a "breakfast for lunch" event, or as I like to call it, "brunch for lunch".  I described this biscoff cheeseball to someone last week and their reaction was: "Oh, so it's like a biscoff cream cheese frosting."  Technically, I guess that could be correct, but I like to see it as a dip.  You can serve it with fruit or graham crackers or whatever else you desire.  I picked up some Nilla wafers as well, because why not?  (Ok, I know this cheeseball has nothing to do with breakfast, but I really just wanted to make it again, so I volunteered it for the party.  That's a good enough excuse to make this, right?)

This biscoff cheeseball is quick and easy to create and it only requires 5 ingredients.  Blend the first three together, freeze the result, then roll it in the final 2 ingredients.  Freeze once again.  I can pull this together in no time and lately, I've been realizing that most of my recipes have required less than an hour of active time to make.  What can I say? A girl has things to do.


Biscoff Cheeseball


  • 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup Biscoff spread
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips


1) Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, biscoff spread, and sugar until creamy.

2) Place the batter on a large sheet of plastic wrap.  Bring up the corners to shape the mixture into a ball.

3) Freeze for ~1 1/2 hours, until firm.

4) On a flat plate, sprinkle the white and semi-sweet chocolate chips.

5) Remove the cheeseball from the plastic wrap and roll in the chips.  Press the chips firmly into the ball to make sure they adhere.

6) Wrap the ball in another large sheet of plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours.

7) Serve with fruit and/or graham crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment