Friday, March 21, 2014

Zucchini Feta Quiche


No, seriously though...can Spring just show up already?

Ever since I returned from the Caribbean last week (Can we talk about how amazing Grand Cayman is?), I've realized precisely how tired I am of heavy coats, layered sweaters, and winter boots.  I need these seasons to get a move on right now.

Can a quiche hurry things up?  Let's investigate.  I have zucchini and feta at the ready, along with some eggs and a pie crust.  Of course I have the cheese too.  Why are you even asking?

A quiche is my go-to food when I'm feeling lazy and still want something light, nutritious and tasty.  Sometimes I love to trash it up with many things, but sometime I keep it simple.  This time I chose simplicity.  I also chose to add a dose of freshly grated zucchinis to help old man winter realize it's time to peace out.  The warm weather is coming soon.  I can feel it!


Zucchini Feta Quiche
very slightly adapted from Cooks.com
makes 1 quiche


  • 1 package store-bought pie crust 
  • 1 lb grated zucchini, squeezed dry
  • 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
  • 3 beaten eggs
  • 1 tablespoon dry dill weed
  • 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 8 ounces shredded mozzarella


Blind bake the pie crust:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2) Use a fork to prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust.


3) Bake for 10 minutes.

4) Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.  If the pie crust bubbled up slightly, just press it down gently.


Assemble the quiche:

1) Decrease the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.

2) Combine the zucchini, feta, eggs, dill weed, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl.


3) Pour the mixtures into the pie crust.


4) Sprinkle the quiche with the mozzarella.


5) Bake for 45 minutes, or until the filling is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment