Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Livin' the Life 6/27/2012

You may be wondering what I've been up to lately.  (Or maybe you're not)  If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know.  I took a little jaunt to Key West for 4 days to celebrate a girlfriend's bachelorette party.  I'm still working on piecing some of the nights together.  Here are some of the tame pictures I took.

 
Plane ride to Key West.  A bird's eye view of the Overseas Highway


Coconuts with straws at our first lunch stop.

 
Roosters and hens be everywhere.  We were woken up by them some mornings.
 
Other mornings, we were woken up by the parrots that stayed in the courtyard outside our condos.  Beautiful, but noisy.


Key West reminds me alot of the Bahamas.  Colorful houses with poinciana trees in the background.
 
 
 Favorite brunch place

 
Savory "Chevre" Galette with summer squash, spinach, tomatoes, asparagus, red peppers, goat cheese, and herbes de provence.  Divine.

 No French meal is complete without a Nutella crepe. Heavenly.

 Sorry for the blur. It was our first night out, ya know.  Apparently, this is the original Margaritaville.  I have no idea if this is true or not.

  
A visit to Ernest Hemingway's Home was in order.  Took a really nice tour, but kept getting distracted...

 ...they have 6-toed cats on the premises!  There are cats everywhere and I was with cat lovers so we primarily searched for cats during the tour.  I can't say that I wasn't into it.

Quick trip to the Southernmost Point in the US.

Stumbled upon a cute shop called The Green Pineapple.  They have a Wine and Chocolate Bar, Lush, in the back!

Cacao bean.  Never seen one of these before.  Smells like chocolate.  Duh.

 
I like to think we bonded with the bartender/barista, Marc.  He gave me this mug 1 bottle of wine and 3.5 hours later.  Coincidence? Hmmm...

The next day...What a surprise!  We found another wine bar on Duval St, Vinos on Duval.

Very cute place.  Don't know if you can see it very well, but they are gluing(?) their wine corks to the ceiling.

$5 white sangria special.  I also scored these amazing sunglasses, courtesy of the maid of honor, and this slamming striped clutch, courtesy of my awesome roommate. Ta-da!

Mexican food for dinner.  Ran into a girl who was wearing the exact same dress that I'm going to be wearing in my friend's wedding.  This is embarrassing... (FYI, the dress is purple.  For some reason, it loves to look blue-ish in pictures.)

 Leaving the next morning.  Beautiful sea glass display in the rental office where we returned our condo keys.

Our 18-seater plane was ready to take off 4 hours late from Key West, heading to Tampa.  This
poor plane did battle with Tropical Storm Debby.

 Unfortunately, we arrived in Tampa too late to make any connecting flights back to the Northeast and had to overnight it.  Here's a pic during my early flight the next morning!


Hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!

2 comments:

  1. A commuter plane during Tropical Storm Deby? You girls is brave! Haha Love the pics - glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber J! We didn't really have a choice regarding the plane. It was take off now, or wait until tomorrow. Work calls!

      Delete