Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bacon Egg Avocado Sandwich



Sometimes I need to slow things down.  Do you ever feel this way?  I have pseudo anxiety attacks because I feel as if I'm constantly on the go and trying to get way too much all at once.  Then when I try to balance things out by resting up, I get pseudo anxiety attacks that I'm not crossing everything off my To-Do list.

Breathe.

Sit.

Eat this bacon egg avocado sandwich.

That, my friends, is a great solution.

I'm ever so slightly obsessed with avocado.  I've already shown you this avocado toast business.  What I don' t show you on the blog is that I make it almost every weekend.  I would definitely make it several times a week if I didn't travel so much

This weekend, I figured I'd jazz things up a bit and make a full out sandwich.  Risque.  I know.

I decided to leave the avocado in chunks.  Then I added bacon because it is completely necessary at all times.  And because we had a ton of eggs hanging out in the fridge, I made sure to add two into this situation for good measure.

The result was a creamy, salty, crunchy masterpiece.  I never wanted this sandwich to end.  There are few sandwiches that I can say that about.  If you think about it, it's like brunch in each bite.  You've got your bacon and eggs and sides of avocado and toast.  All on one small plate.

Yes.  Make this happen.  You're welcome.


Bacon Egg Avocado Sandwich
makes 1 sandwich

Print Recipe
  • 2 sliced of bread, toasted
  • 1/2 small avocado, cubed
  • 2 strips bacon, fried to desired doneness
  • 2 eggs, scrambled and fried in bacon grease (bacon grease optional)
  • Salt (optional)

1) Toast the bread.

2) Lightly mash the avocado onto 1 slice of toast.  (I didn't add any salt to the avocado because the bacon was salty enough for me, but you may add salt if you like.)

3) Place the eggs on top of the avocado.

4) Top the egg with two strips of bacon.

5) Close the sandwich with the second piece of toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment