Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easy Chilaquiles


I have decided that the only reason I eat those Tostitos Hint With Lime chips is as a vehicle for that tangy, salty stuff they cover them with.  I feel like an addict.  Of course, Tostitos knows this and only sells this wonderful stuff in huge bags meant to be shared with at least 8 people.  I usually finish it all by myself in 2 sittings.

During the course of one of these "events", a few things also took place around the same time.  I was really into making scrambled eggs (because I had purchased a dozen eggs so that I could bake with only one of them).  I had recently made my crockpot salsa verde chicken.  I also had a container of feta in the fridge just begging to be used up.

In a moment of (what I like to think of as) pure genius, I decided to throw these things together in an homage to a new favorite breakfast item: chilaquiles. I wasn't sure whether or not to post this recipe since it's not truly a recipe, but then I fell in love with this so much that I wanted to record it somewhere.  Not that I'm going to forget it anytime soon.


Easy Chilaquiles
makes 1 serving

Print Recipe

  • 8-10 tortilla chips
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup salsa verde chicken
  • 2 eggs, seasoned and cooked as desired
  • 1 tablespoon feta cheese
  • sriracha, optional
  • freshly ground black pepper, optional

1) Break the tortilla chips into a shallow bowl.

2) Top the chips with the salsa verde chicken.  Allow this to sit while you make the eggs.


3) Cook the eggs as desired.  (I like mine scrambled.)

4) Add the eggs on top of the chicken, and then sprinkle with the feta cheese.


5) Optional, but recommended: Finish off with a squeeze of sriracha and a few grinds of fresh black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment